Humatrope 72 IU
What Humatrope is and what it is used for:
Your medicine or the medicine of the person in your care is called Humatrope. It contains human growth hormone, also called somatropin. Humatrope is made by a special process known as recombinant DNA technology. It has the same structure as the growth hormone that your body produces.
Growth hormone regulates the growth and development of cells in your body. When it stimulates growth of cells in the spine and in the long bones of the legs, it causes an increase in height. In growth hormone deficiency, growth hormone also increases the bone mineral content, the number and size of the muscle cells and reduces the body fat stores.
Humatrope is used for:
• Treatment of children and adolescents with any of the following growth disorders:
- Insufficient production of growth hormone (Growth hormone deficiency),
- Absence of all or some of the X-sex chromosomes in females with short stature (Turner syndrome),
- A condition in which the kidneys are damaged (chronic problems with the way the kidneys work) in children before puberty with growth retardation,
- Small at birth (SGA = Small for gestational age) with failure to catch-up height by 4 years of age or later,
- an alteration to a gene called SHOX (SHOX deficiency).
Treatment of adults who have confirmed growth hormone deficiency beginning in either childhood or adulthood.