Dostinex 0,5 mg 2 tb
What Dostinex is and what it is used for:
- Dostinex contains the active ingredient cabergoline. This medicine belongs to a class of medicines called ‘dopamine agonists’. Dopamine is produced naturally in the body and helps to transmit messages to the brain.
- Dostinex is used to stop breast milk production (lactation) soon after childbirth, stillbirth, abortion or miscarriage. It can also be used if you do not want to continue to breast-feed your baby once you have started.
- Dostinex can also be used to treat other conditions caused by hormonal disturbance which can result in high levels of prolactin being produced. This includes lack of periods, infrequent and very light menstruation, periods in which ovulation does not occur and secretion of milk from your breast without breast-feeding. Also in conditions in which high levels of prolactin are due to unknown causes (idiopathic hyperprolactinaemia) or are caused by tumours of the pituitary gland in both men and women.
- Cabergoline mimics the action of dopamine to reduce the production of prolactin in the blood. Prolactin is the hormone which stimulates the breast to produce milk.
- Dostinex should only be used in adults. It is not suitable for children under the age of 16 years. - You must talk to a doctor or pharmacist if you do not feel better or if you feel worse.